Please remember!

The information presented on this blog represents "learning in progress" on my part, a horse owner, who was not satisfied with professional farriers and took matters in my own hands. As far as I am aware at the time of the post, the information presented is correct, but may change with me understanding more about hooves, in which case I will edit or remove the post. In order to follow my learning and understand everything about Molly's hoof, you need to start reading at the bottom.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Molly was lucky today!

This is the time of year where Molly would really like to go and meet a stallion. Plus, the electric fence is very weak due to the frozen ground. Last night Molly must have decided to raise up in the air at the gate. She must have gotten stuck with her front left between fence post and gate, pulled back and broke the whole hinge out of the wooden post. Lucky nothing happened, just a little skin was scraped off at the coronary band. I saw a little blood in the snow. But she was not lame and the wound is very minor.  The gate was laying on the floor this morning when I came but luckily there is the electric line that runs across the gate and this was still intact. I still had a minor heart attack when I saw that gate laying on the ground and some blood around it. Molly and I were very lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment