Please remember!

The information presented on this blog represents "learning in progress" on my part, a horse owner, who was not satisfied with professional farriers and took matters in my own hands. As far as I am aware at the time of the post, the information presented is correct, but may change with me understanding more about hooves, in which case I will edit or remove the post. In order to follow my learning and understand everything about Molly's hoof, you need to start reading at the bottom.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

frozen hoof prints in the snow

I like to look at those. Right now we have ideal conditions. The soil is frozen. On top of it is a 1 inch layer of ice and on top of that 1/2 inch of of semi frozen snow. This makes for perfectly stable hoof prints.

The two closest ones are from Gus, left, a front hoof, right a hind hoof. It looks as if the hooves are very comfy :-)! I think if the horses could order a terrain that they liked most they would order this terrain. The ground is solid, but the ice-snow does nicely conform to the hoof and gives support to sole and frog. Both horses move fantastic on that ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment