Please remember!

The information presented on this blog represents "learning in progress" on my part, a horse owner, who was not satisfied with professional farriers and took matters in my own hands. As far as I am aware at the time of the post, the information presented is correct, but may change with me understanding more about hooves, in which case I will edit or remove the post. In order to follow my learning and understand everything about Molly's hoof, you need to start reading at the bottom.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Relaxed posture


Took some pictures today.

This is why I like feeding from the nibblenet above ground: Molly can stand in a relaxed posture, without having to spread her legs. If Molly eats hay from the ground, and even when she grazes, she puts most of the time her FR back and her FL forward. This has contributed to her hooves to become asymmetric. Though it is unclear what is cause and what is consequence.

At night, Molly wears the Equine Fusions with the therapeutic pads to help her to land comfortably on her heels. 





No comments:

Post a Comment